Re: Re :[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Perkins M 4 .154 engine repairs, rescheduling trip

Mark Erdos

I think Joel was right on with his diagnosis:

More than likely your problem is the crankshaft bearings and the connecting rod bearings clearances are too large. As the engine warms the expansion of components causes the clearances to increase even more and hence the oil pressure to go down.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us