Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Riggers In Trinidad and Martinique
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 10:48 AM

I've been in the group a while but
don't often access it.  I' finishing up a
circumnavigation and planning to replace the rigging on my
1995 Super Maramu.  It looks great to me, but it is 22
years old.  I have three quotes from different riggers in
different countries. The costs vary greatly for both labor
and parts, but especially labor.  I have included a summary
of the quotes below broken down by labor and parts.  All
quotes are for 316 stainless steel and includes all
turnbuckles and upper eye pieces.  My question to this
forum is whether any of you have knowledge of Jason Romell
in Trinidad.  I've had good reports on Gaetan of
Caraibe Marine  in Martinique who is recommended by the
local Amel office.   Romell is recommended by Peake Yachts
in Trinidad where my boat is on the hard.  I include these
details since it may help other owners thinking of
re-rigging.  BTW, one owner noted that he was told by
Gaetan that he had never seen an Amel with a failed rig.  I
provide the costs in Euros and US Dollars converted at a
rate of 1.19 US dollars per Euro.

From            Euro
    Labor          Euro
  Parts        Euro
Total    Dollars
TotalTrinidad - Jason
Romell1,5136,6078,119$9662Martinique -
Caraibe Marine3,4298,10611,535$13,726Seattle -
Northwest Rigging8,5809,55218,132$21,577Seattle Higher
Than Trinidad By150%18%57%57%Martinique
Higher
Than Trinidad By127%23%42%42%NW Higher
Than Trinidad By467%45%123%123%
I am trending toward the less expensive quote
from Trinidad contingent on meeting Jason on Friday.  But
I'm very tempted to go for the more expensive quote from
Martinique given the recommendation form Amel.   Ken
Powers had Aquarius rigged in Martinique last year and was
quite happy.
Any
comments appreciated.  Happy New Year to all!
Bill ShaproskiS/V Pacific
Cool