Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Riggers In Trinidad and Martinique

eric freedman

Bill,

When a rigger uses inch size wire they also wind up using inch fittings.

That includes the clevis pins. The USA ones are slightly larger so the chain plates and many other things have to be  drilled out to fit.

Gaetan does use Acmo fittings throughout the re-rig. However he has spools of wire and just duplicated the rigging he takes down., less a little for stretching. He has a couple of rotary swaging machines, that I have never seen before except in very big yards. He replaces every nut , bolt and washer on the rig.

You can also save on the IVA by using an agent on the island to declare your boat in transit.

I originally wrote Acmo for the price of a complete set of rigging and Gaetan came in less expensive.

Please remember that AMEL has 3 places in the world that service their boats, The AMEL representative and chief  of the office Jean COLLIN  is on the dock all the time and checks on the progress of all work done to our boats.

I have work done on the watermaker and engine also done there and the work is exceptional.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376