From: simms@... [amelyachtowners]
To: Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: Tue, Jan 2, 2018 8:24 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Mack Sails

Hi Pat, I've changed your thread from rigging to Mack Sails. When we bought Ocean Pearl in 2008 she had a full set of near new Mack sails. We must have done over 30,000 ocean miles before we changed the headsail and main. The mizzen  has 40,000 miles and still going. I was impressed with the sails from day  one and we did some really good passage times with them.
Pleased to do  a plug for a quality provider.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl
Sent from my Vodafone Smart
On 3 Jan 2018 09:28, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill, Does Acmo manufacture wire themselves or are they a distributor of wire ? Their website does not indicate they are a manufacturer of wire , seemed more they supplied rigging . From what Annapolis Rigging and other riggers such as Mack Sails say , it sounds like the highest quality of wire today , in their opinion is being manufactured in South Korea by KOS . I was just speaking with Mack and they said it may well be that ACMO also buys their wire from KOS .He said there is not many wire manufacturers left . He agreed that you need to certify your source as their is cheap wire out there , much from China. He also said that much name brand hardware is also from China and  one is lead to believe its manufactured elsewhere .
Happy New Year,
Pat SM #123