Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Inverter Replacement

greatketch@...

The Victron Multi we installed has no internal connection between the DC Negative and the AC safety ground, so it has no conflict with the Amel wiring.

I have been told that there are some battery chargers that do make this kind of connection, but I do not think they have a place on ANY boat--even one conventionally wired with a grounded DC negative.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Key West, Florida

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

Bill,

I would be interested to see how you installed this without compromising the integrity of the ground and bonding system. Please share.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:15 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Inverter Replacement

Ian,

We installed a Victron inverter/charger that we have been very happy with--so far.  No noticable electrical noise, low idle current draw.  They make a full line of chargers, inverters, solar controllers, and such.  Nothing onboard has complained about the quality of power.  It is pretty sophisticated, and the charger and inverter functions are highly configurable.

The are a Dutch company, so I assume they are widely available in the EU.  The 2KW inverter is about US$850 from their US outlets.

Will it last 20 years?  Come back and ask me in another 19...

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Key West, Florida

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.