Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Inverter Replacement

greatketch@...

The Victron Multi we installed has no internal connection between the DC Negative and the AC safety ground, so it has no conflict with the Amel wiring.

I have been told that there are some battery chargers that do make this kind of connection, but I do not think they have a place on ANY boat--even one conventionally wired with a grounded DC negative.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Key West, Florida

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

Bill,

I would be interested to see how you installed this without compromising the integrity of the ground and bonding system. Please share.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us