From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 4:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Riggers In Trinidad and Martinique

I'm in Marin now and there is still the facility for tax exclusion (10%). It costs 450 euros, so you need to be spending more than 4,500 euros to be cost effective.
Look out for Patrick on S M 'Django Mayosa' , his wife deals with this and he also represents the Martinique Sailing Association. They speak excellent English.

We had a number of jobs done including new engine and C Drive mounts, new engine blowers and cleaning the heat exchanger, taking off the boom to remove the gearbox etc, replacing the tricolour and anchor light and some new standing rigging work. Total cost was €2700 which I was delighted with. The whole team were great. Jean Collin leaves for Amel Hyeres on Friday and Alban takes over here. I can't speak too highly of Didier the engine mechanic. He is exceptionally dedicated to his work and is only satisfied with perfection, but above all is the most charming man to have on your boat.

Apologies for the big spiel, but I believe like many others that supporting Amel is vital and they charge a fair price for excellent work.

Happy 2018 adventures to all

Ian and Linda

Ocean Hobo SN96 - Martinique