Re: Dessalator water maker

Giovanni TESTA

Hello John,
well, good news: only fresh water!
I had some duobt about. You know, sailing around and along the dingy
dock there are many opinions. A technician sailor told me about the
fresh water, but your and Olivier experience are for sure the best.
Thanks a lot and all the best
Fair winds
Giovanni
SM2K " EUTIKIA" n 428

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "John and Anne on Bali Hai"
<annejohn@...> wrote:

Hello Giovanni,
If you enter "watermaker pickling" in the search box you will find a
lot of advice. However we have followed Olivier Beaute's advice and
did
nothing more than flush it well with fresh water before leaving it
alone for six months every winter. So far it has worked well for the
past seven seasons. However if you do decide to pickle make sure that
you stick to the recommended concentrations as I believe that too
much
chemical will severely damage the membrane.

Good luck, Anne and John, SM319 Bali Hai