From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John and Anne on Bali
Hai
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2008 8:04 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator water maker

Hello Giovanni,
If you enter "watermaker pickling" in the search box you will find a
lot of advice. However we have followed Olivier Beaute's advice and did
nothing more than flush it well with fresh water before leaving it
alone for six months every winter. So far it has worked well for the
past seven seasons. However if you do decide to pickle make sure that
you stick to the recommended concentrations as I believe that too much
chemical will severely damage the membrane.

Good luck, Anne and John, SM319 Bali Hai