Re: Inverter/Charger wiring advise

greatketch@...

John,

Popcorn can be important!

Your confirmation that the inverter does not cross-connect the DC negative and the AC safety ground is key. Such a cross connection would destroy the "floating" part of the Amel DC Floating Negative.

On the other hand, I am wondering why you feel the need to remove the connection between  AC Neutral and the AC Safety Ground at the inverter?

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
North Bimini, Bahamas

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mfmcgovern@...> wrote :

John,

I do not see any attached wiring diagram and I did not see anything in the Photo section either.  However, that might just be me!  Check that you attached the wiring diagram be sure.

That said, it sure sounds like you are on the right track.  Popcorn underway sounds like a noble pursuit!

Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA...freezing our a$$es off...