Re: Inverter/Charger wiring advise

John Clark

Bill, I just opened up the genset and found she is wired as in column "C" with T2 and T3 connected to ground.  I traced the ground strap to the frame of the genset and the Amel bonding system.  So you were correct that the generator is connected to ground.

Based on this, I still want to think about it more, but it seems that it might be ok to connect the inverter neutral to the bonding system.  I think I read that the raw inverter output is passed first though an isolation transformer before leaving the unit.  If this is the case then a DC leakage current is unlikely....

Thanks for the brain help Bill!