Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Inverter/Charger wiring advise

greatketch@...

Colin,

We actually use the second battery charger much of the time when we are charging with the genset. Our new batteries can easily take over 100 amps of charging current for much of the charge cycle.  Adding another 50 amps to the 70 the Victron makes, just makes things faster.

Anything we can do to reduce the genset duty cycle make our lives more enjoyable and the boat more self-sufficient.

So far our solar installation, charger upgrade, and switching battery types has dropped us from about three hours a day, down to an average of a bit less than one hour a day, with many days of none at all. Which should drop even further as the sun returns to the northern hemisphere :)

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
North Bimini, Bahamas