From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2018 5:39 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Generator charging question

If I am running the generator just to charge the batteries, meaning I have no other load on the generator, is there a downside to engaging both the 100 amp and the 30 amp dolphin chargers? As an example, tonight I was at 88% (-71 amps) and when I engaged the “battery Gen” charger, I was putting in 45 amps, but when I added “battery shore”, I was putting in 70 amps.

My question is, why is this a bad idea? Is it a bad idea? Are there negative trade-offs to running both? Thoughts?

All the best,
Steve Morrison
SM380 TouRai
Hope Town, Abaco