Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] bow thruster shaft removal tool

James Cromie

Thanks for the replies regarding the bow thruster. It was service only a year Ago and had new seals installed, though I noted some water seepage around the inside donut while under sail.  It would be nice to change just the inner seals, but I’m concerned that the compression fit of the outer seals may be part of the problem.

As far as changing the name, I haven’t gone through the ritual of changing the nam yet ... so everything is still “la Bella Vita “ until that time...
James

On Jan 9, 2018, at 6:25 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning James,

I saved mine (and it is for sale).
I might be (50% chance) in Martinique on the 15 and can bring it if you want to borrow (or buy) it. But having so many Amel there I am sure you can borrow one much sooner.

How come La Bella Vita will become Soteria? Selling your? Or haven’t you changed the name since you purchase her?

Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] bow thruster shaft removal tool
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Monday, January 8, 2018, 7:47 PM

Hello everyone - I'm directing this
email to Amel owners in Martinique - I need to
change out lip seals on my bow thruster and I'd like to
remove the lower unit with the boat in the water.  To do
so, I would need the wooden shaft that attaches to the lower
unit to lower it out of the hull.
Does anyone have one on hand that I
could borrow for a day or two?  I will be in Le Marin
between 1/9 and 1/16.
Good
evening to you all.
JamesLa Bella Vita (soon to be