Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] bow thruster shaft removal tool
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2018, 6:12 AM

Thanks for the replies regarding the bow thruster.
It was service only a year Ago and had new seals installed,
though I noted some water seepage around the inside donut
while under sail.  It would be nice to change just the
inner seals, but I’m concerned that the compression fit of
the outer seals may be part of the problem.
As far as changing the name, I
haven’t gone through the ritual of changing the nam yet
... so everything is still “la Bella Vita “ until that
time... James
Sent from my
iPhone
On Jan 9,
2018, at 6:25 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@rocketmail.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Good morning James,

I saved mine (and it is for sale).

I might be (50% chance) in Martinique on the 15 and can
bring it if you want to borrow (or buy) it. But having so
many Amel there I am sure you can borrow one much sooner.

How come La Bella Vita will become Soteria? Selling your?
Or haven’t you changed the name since you purchase her?

Alexandre

On Mon, 1/8/18, jamescromie@yahoo.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] bow thruster shaft removal
tool

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Monday, January 8, 2018, 7:47 PM

Hello everyone - I'm directing this

email to Amel owners in Martinique - I need to

change out lip seals on my bow thruster and I'd like

remove the lower unit with the boat in the water.  To
do

so, I would need the wooden shaft that attaches to the
lower

unit to lower it out of the hull.

Does anyone have one on hand that I

could borrow for a day or two?  I will be in Le Marin

between 1/9 and 1/16.

Good

evening to you all.

JamesLa Bella Vita (soon to be