From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:22 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Generator charging question

Eric, are the timers on the three cabin air conditioners for staggered starting that you referred to part of the later version SM design or something you retrofitted?  It’s an awesome idea as three compressors firing up at the same time can draw a lot of current. Thanks!

Brent Cameron

Future SM owner.

6S+

On Jan 10, 2018, at 3:17 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Looking at the wiring on Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376 it appears that you can draw 25 amps from the genset or shore power without any problem.

I don’t know where the 16 amp figure comes from.

The genset I believe is 7.5 kw , yet 25 amps is only 5.75 kw

The original Amel wire is also rated at 30 amps as is all the wiring coming from the transfer case to the main electrical panel.

Kimberlite does not have a circuit breaker in the aft lazarette, just a breaker on the side of the AC panel.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376