From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of asm283
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 1:10 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bilge Grounding strap jrjrjrrouse

Hi Eric

Not everyone has a great passage. You dont get strong winds, what you
do get is light to no wind with the normal trade wind swell. Makes
for very unconfortable conditions. We are in NZ. Will stay here for a
few years. Thanks for the info on the strap.
Where are you.

Vito

--- In amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi Vito,

Ian of Pen Azen mentioned that amazing passage.

With respect to the ground strap, I was not the first to discover
the
problem. It runs along the forward end of the wet bilge and is
bolted to the
keel bolt in the bottom of the wet bilge. There is a great photo
with
dimensions posted in the photos by JJrouse2000. I believe this
rotted out
strap caused my manifold failure, I had one made in stainless in St
Martin
for $300- US. I plan to install it next week. It looks like a
simple job.
The only thing that was rotted in the manifold was the A/C pump
tap. . It
looked like Swiss cheese when I cleaned it up. I would check it.

If you do, make sure you have some epoxy putty handy. Otherwise, no
A/c, no
watermaker, and no salt water flush on the heads. We used the
shower.

Where are you?

Fair Winds,

Eric