Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: 24 Volt Outlet

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Thank Bill,
I searched far and wide for the plugs. I thought I found them and purchased the 16 amp ones (bust). 1mm difference does not show well on the computer. I have now ordered 5 of these (10 amp).

Chuck
Joy

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 3:22 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The outlets that Amel used for 24 volt power are standard mains outlets--in Italy.  They are officially referred to as "Type L" outlets.

They are hard to source in the US, but are available here:

Amel's standard wiring for these was  +24V on the two outer pins, and -24V on the center pin.  Note that the 10 amp rating should be respected for 24V as well.

And should you need a gang of three outlets:

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Grand Bahama Is.