Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Generator charging question

Ryan Meador

Hi Bill,
Thank you for that data sheet.  I had not discovered it before.  It contains one piece of info that is new: the temperature rating is 85°C.  That means, by the ABYC chart, that its current rating is somewhere between 15-23A.  I guess the system really is designed for 16A shore power.  I have been overloading it... all the more reason I need to upgrade!  I apologize to anyone who I misled with my incomplete information.

Thanks,
Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:13 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ryan,

This looks like your cable...

Nothing new there you haven't already figured out...

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Grand Bahama Is.