Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dive Compressor location suggestions.

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Porter,

I think the receptacle that you see in the aft lazarette on your 54 is 24VDC receptacle to accommodate a plug from a dinghy inflation pump.

Amel mounted the Bauer dive compressor for a SM and the 54 in the cockpit lazarette, which as you know is valuable space.

If I were you, I would remove that clothes dryer in the forward head and mount the Bauer dive compressor there. The Amel installed 220VAC dryer amperage
should be close to the amperage of the Bauer Junior. The 2hp Junior draws about 12 amps at 230VAC. That should be close to the amperage of your dryer.
You will want to research rubber dampening mounts, and might consider having a wood panel enclosure made.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus