Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Fwd: Servicing Lewmar 58 winches - need help

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Steve,

guess it was my good fortune that mine were hex. However the flat bits from my impact driver can be fitted to a rattle gun. Of course the flat bit wont have the same grip as a`

On 20 January 2018 at 22:02 "steve_bode@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny,

My screws holding the center stem to the base are not hex head. They are flat screws. See my photo of the center stem. That rattle gun sounds like a winner. I don't have any dive bottles (yet), so that's a no-go for today. I'm off to the Ferretería to purchase some better penetrating oil, a torch of some kind and a replacement bit for my impact driver and give this another go.

-Bode/s