Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hookah System

karkauai

Exactly, Craig.  I got the compressor on recommendation of a diver who was cleaning a boat bottom near me a couple years ago.  The CFM rating is 1 at 40psi, which is the pressure at 60ft depth.  Seems to be plenty at 7 ft depths, not sure if I needed to go 20 ft down to unfoul an anchor.

I did NOT add the filter.  It is an oil-less compressor that sits in the cockpit while in use, and the hose is not rubber, it's a PVC hose that the diver said is safe for breathing air.  i purchased a diving hose, but finding coupling adapters has proven difficult.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy
Ft Lauderdale for a few more days, then Bahamas, T&C, and farther S.

To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 6:03 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hookah System

Way to go, Kent!  I trust you referred to David Lynn's (formerly s/v Nine of Cups) article in the October 2012 Ocean Navigator on doing this. Anybody interested should google that article. I'm assembling one now.

The only thing you didn't mention that David included is an air filter/water separator in the regulator supply line - trust you did put it in. 

BTW, what is the CFM rating of your compressor and how many gallons is the tank?

Cheers, Craig - SN#68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

I changed the Subject line...

I bought an oil-less compressor from HarborFreight (pan style, 100psi) for $60 on sale.  With a 50ft hose and used regulator for another $75, I have a hookah system for cleaning the bottom, unfouling the prop, and changing zincs, as well as compressed air for lots of other things.  I run it off of my 1800W 24-110AC inverter.

Kent
S/V Kristy

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.