Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hookah System

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi, I can't help but feel you guys make life difficult and expensive for yourselves. I have  40 foot hose on my dive  bottle I use for that.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl
Mangonui
New Zealand

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 21 Jan 2018 12:01, "sangaris@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Way to go, Kent!  I trust you referred to David Lynn's (formerly s/v Nine of Cups) article in the October 2012 Ocean Navigator on doing this. Anybody interested should google that article. I'm assembling one now.

The only thing you didn't mention that David included is an air filter/water separator in the regulator supply line - trust you did put it in.

BTW, what is the CFM rating of your compressor and how many gallons is the tank?

Cheers, Craig - SN#68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <karkauai@...> wrote :

I changed the Subject line...

I bought an oil-less compressor from HarborFreight (pan style, 100psi) for $60 on sale.  With a 50ft hose and used regulator for another $75, I have a hookah system for cleaning the bottom, unfouling the prop, and changing zincs, as well as compressed air for lots of other things.  I run it off of my 1800W 24-110AC inverter.

Kent
S/V Kristy