RE : RE : [Amel Yacht Owners] Thomson Washing Machine

Jean Boucharlat

Stephan,

Visual inspection of the board didn’t give any indication of its status and
I do not know of any specialized testing equipment available to laymen like
us. I came to my conclusion only through logical elimination of all probable
causes confirmed by phone discussion of the issue with Jean-Yves Selo (now
retired but, at the time, in the position occupied by Olivier Beauté).

I got the replacement part form Amel but, although the machine was just
about one year old, the manufacturer had already changed the size of the
board (it became about half-size) but, most importantly, had also changed
the connectors. As figuring out the functions of all the wires was way
beyond my capabilities, I had to wait until the boat reached Japan where a
good friend of mine, who is a very capable electronic technician, was able
to sort everything out.

As a consequence, if you order from Amel, I would suggest that you send them
all appropriate data (machine number, year of build, etc.) plus a photo of
the board and its connectors, as well as the physical dimensions of the
board so that they can make sure they get the right part from the
manufacturer.

Good luck and best regards,

Jean Boucharlat
Formerly : Satchimi SM 232