Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] keel maintenance, cutless

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

Dave, grind off the problem area then use West Sys.
with barrier coat following the fix. Check the prop
shaft for wear you should be able to take the shaft
out w/o issue when you replace the bearing. Also
check the grease gun in the engine to be sure it is
working well. Good luck
Richard on Challenge SM 209 in BVI

--- Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Maramu #29 is our first boat with a cast iron keel.
It's also our
first non US built boat. Any tips on type of epoxy
to use or other
info is greatly appreciated. We plan to haul next
week.

The cutless bearing will need to replaced as well.
It looks like there
is enough surface exposed to remove without
decoupling the shaft. Have
other Maramu owners been able to do it that way?

Thanks!

Be a better friend, newshound, and