From: sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Mon, Jan 29, 2018 12:03 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Main furler gearbox

Pat,

I replied earlier but don't see it now, so excuse me if both show up.

I got mine out by tapping with a rubber mallet around the perimeter of the black piece with the body of the furler in a vise.  After it was "broken free" of the accumulated salt and crud it came out easily.  You might try a solvent like PB Blaster, or just soak it in freshwater to dissolve the salt first.  A combination of tapping and twisting (with a strap wrench) might be successful.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477