Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Quick question on desalator membrane replacement

Porter McRoberts

Mark. Thank you very much.
I am still not 100% certain I understand at which end the black v brine seal should be.
On the first tube we have the High pressure seawater in end, then the bobbin/connect to the other tube end.
One the second tube we have the bobbin/connect to the other tube end and the hypertonic discharge end.

We ended up putting the v brine seals at the bobbin ends in each tube.

Water tasted great. But only made a few liters as was just checking functionality.

Are the elements in in correct orientation?
Does it matter?

Again. Quite appreciated. And we followed your use the high pressure pump to remove the ends advice. Excellent!

Porter
Amel54-152

On Jan 27, 2018, at 4:28 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Porter,

Oops. I forgot this part but it look like you already have the ends off.

Disconnect the high pressure hoses and separate the 2 pressure vessels. Be very careful not to damage - twist, or enlarge the holes for the interconnector between the 2 pressure vessels ( at the end opposite the HP hoses). Use water from the pressure water system - a 1/2 hose will clamp over the SS flare fitting. Cover the hole in the end plug with a thumb - turn on the water - once the air is out, the end plugs will come out easily - apply a little resistance to balance the 2 ends so that both ends get started out.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us