Anchor chain counter

John and Anne on Bali Hai <annejohn@...>

Hi Ed,
I now have the details of the sensor on the side of the anchor winch.It
is made by a German company called IFM Electronics which has offices
all round the world. It is an inductive sensor, part no IB5076.
The website is www.ifm.info. If you click on products and enter the
part no in the search box you will get the specification and then you
can carry on to get a data sheet in language of choice.
I have done all this but it is beyond my comprehension.
However the sensor is warranted for five years and in use in
production lines and robotic controland and is ,I imagine bullet
proof. The unit comes with 2 metres of cable but this was cut off so
that a conection could be made in the winch !?!
It seems to me that your problem is perhaps in this connection or in
the display unit.

Good luck, John SM319