Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow Thruster won't come up

Bob Grey

It’s a changeover reed switch, 3 contacts NO / COM / NC

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, February 5, 2018, 20:08, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Excellent Duanne,

Glad it was as simple as the sensor !!!

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow Thruster won't come up
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

A fellow Amel owner here in GA loaned me one of his
spare sensor and bingo!  The sensor was the problem and now
I'm looking for replacements.  Maud on Friday said she
would let me know on Monday if they have any in
stock.
These sensors are
unusual because they are "normally closed" (NC)
reed switches, based on the diagram on the sensor.
I've looked a lot of places and have not found an NC
reed switch with a 20W and 0.3A rating.  If it's an NC
switch then it's a 10W switch, or a 0.1A rating.
Frustrating.  Also, most don't have an LED
light.
Any thoughts on
a company to check with?Duane