Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Wind generator

kwzy6vgkpvtfohjddjsrotobzwf2pjeafjwalhur@...

Hi I have a pair of Rutland 1200's on a solar arch and have found that the blades make almost no noise. So on deck they are very quiet but, and it is a big but, they resonate into the aft cabin such that if it is breezy we shut them down at night in order to sleep. I put a rubber plate on the mounts but it only helped a bit. I often wonder whether we made a mistake and should have only bought one and mounted it on the mizzen!

I have to say that at sea so long as we are not running downwind they are amazing, such that we can run all the systems and never drain the batteries. There is always lots of noise whilst sailing anyway, that the resonating inside is not a problem. It actually dulls the autopilot ram that is under the bed in the aft cabin!

NickĀ
Amelia Amel 54 #019