Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Wind generator

pjn.mccallin@...

Good afternoon, re your windgenerator. I don’t want to fit a generator permanently but having just suffered a bad experience via someone (not) looking after my yacht whilst I was absent for five months , I have been given thought to the need to charge the batteries, hence my thinking I could hang the unit from the rigging whilst I was absent. Then I could store it till needed again.
Of course this still leaves the problem of topping up the battery water.
I want to avoid using shore power which seems un reliable.
Can you give me an idea of price and where it is presently, in your opinion could the generator be adapted to hang from the rigging?

Regards Patrick Caramelle #385.