Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib Furler Drum

Mark Erdos

Tom,

This is not an easy job!!! To remove the furling motor, the headstay must be separated under the motor and the motor unit drops down. It requires additional ropes and a pully set up is used to pull the furler up off the motor separating the two pieces. The furling mechanism (grey wheel and foil) stays on the forestay as the motor is dropped down.

My suggestion is to make an appointment with Amel in le Marin, Martinique and have them do the work for you. If you rebuild the motor they can also paint it for you while it is off the boat in their shop. They will make it look new again.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us