Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] dinghy on deck during passages

karkauai

How big is your Dink? (Not getting personal.)

I used to put my 10.5 ft AB rib on the foredeck.  It rode fine there, but was difficult to see ahead without looking around the dodger.  I traded that Dink in for a 9.5 ft AB With aluminum hull.  It fits on the aft deck and can still move the mizzen traveler from side to side.  And it only weighs 100 lb. My old 10.5 was fiberglass and weighed almost 200lb.  The 9.5 is plenty big for 4 adults, is still a fairly dry ride, but won't plane with 4 adults.

Kent
Kristy
SM243