Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] dinghy on deck during passages

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Kent, adding to the below. the 2850mm is 9ft4.2 inches and it wont plane with 4 adults

Danny

On 08 February 2018 at 15:34 Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent, not sure if your question was directed to me but our Caribe is 2850mm over all from the bow to the end of the point on the back of the pontoon. A feature of the Caribe is the fat pontoons which I guess contributes to the dry ride.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 08 February 2018 at 12:07 "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

How big is your Dink? (Not getting personal.)

I used to put my 10.5 ft AB rib on the foredeck.  It rode fine there, but was difficult to see ahead without looking around the dodger.  I traded that Dink in for a 9.5 ft AB With aluminum hull.  It fits on the aft deck and can still move the mizzen traveler from side to side.  And it only weighs 100 lb. My old 10.5 was fiberglass and weighed almost 200lb.  The 9.5 is plenty big for 4 adults, is still a fairly dry ride, but won't plane with 4 adults.

Kent
Kristy
SM243