Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Guadeloupe

Courtney Gorman

Thanks

-------- Original message --------
From: "parkianj@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 2/8/18 4:23 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Guadeloupe

Agree. Barbuda is all but deserted at present. Daishaies in the NW is the easiest clearing in port approaching Guagaloupe. Used to be all mooring buoys (free) but Irma seems to have removed most of them and it is back to the good old anchor (usually good space on left hand side and good holding). Then a day trip down to the Saintes.
We are currently in Bas du Fort marina until middle of March but not on the boat. It is a good marina (water and electricity free) but if you go, book ahead as space can be tight. It's 4.5 miles from the airport - taxi €23.

Have a good trip.

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96