play in thruster prop

Patrick McAneny

My bowthruster prop has some play in it between the shaft and the prop
is this normal or is my shaft or prop worn? The prop can be wiggled
back and forth approx. a 1/4 inch or so.In addition to replacing the
foam seals I found that the metric seal 30x42x7 behind the prop needed
to be replaced.This seal keeps the oil in and water out, it is a single
lip seal I will try to replace it with a double lip.I should be able to
find this seal locally.Since you can not check oil level or for water
in the thruster I will in future replace this seal when I replace the
foam ones,cheap insurance.Shenanigans/SM 123