Re: 24v Dessalator motor stops under pressure

ya_fohi

Mark,

Thanks very much for your reply. You seem pretty certain about that. I did already replace the failed wheel for the 240v motor less than a year ago and so far its been fine. I cannot understand though how the 24v motor runs fine under no load and only stops when the pressure is turned up if this is due to a failing bearing. Surely the bearing either works or doesn't?

A guy here in Martinique suggested I check the motor brushes - a lot cheaper than buying a new pulley wheel!

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98