Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: dinghy on deck during passages

greatketch@...

Eric,

We have a West Marine folding RIB.

It's great, and works well for us.  When we bought this it was the only folding RIB available on the market in the USA.  Now, there is a company in California that is importing a line of folding dinghies from Russia that look at least as nice as well.

We use a 15 HP 2 stroke Yamaha (not the enduro version, the standard consumer model).  11 knots is our comfortable cruising speed with 2 people and a load of provisions.  We initially used an 8HP 2-stoke and it was ok with the just the two of us, but add a load of groceries, and things slowed down a lot.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Abaco Is, Bahamas