Thank you Danny.
/Ann-Sofie

Skickat från min iPad

8 feb. 2018 kl. 18:40 skrev Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Ann-Sofie, you said "can't see what make you have on the wind gen". If you are asking the make of our wind gen it is Super Wind, German made.

Regards

Danny

On 08 February 2018 at 22:34 "Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Wow. We have a SilentWind 400 and even though the manufacturer said the same, no noice, no vibration. There are. Most enoying is the resonance and that we have to adjust the blades at least once a season.
Can't see what make you have on the wind gen.

Skickat från min iPad

6 feb. 2018 kl. 09:34 skrev Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Ann-Sofie. I am repeating myself here. The super wind has no noise and no vibration, and in nine years I have not once had any adjustments to make or service needed. Probably why they are twice the price of alternatives.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 06 February 2018 at 22:04 "Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We hade similar plans, to install the wind gen on top of the mizzen. But now we are glad we glad didn't. The blades needs to be adjusted very often, and it is not that fun to climb the mast. Also, the resonance through the mast can be very enoying, unless you find a solution for it.

/Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

5 feb. 2018 kl. 16:31 skrev osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

We plan to install a wind generator probably a Rutland 1200 on top of the mizzen mast.

We are currently not at the boat (Georgetown Maryland) and wonder if someone know how the top of the mizzenmast look like? Measures? Is it easy access to put nuts and bolts through the top to bolt the wind generator? Any advise from someone who have made that before would be appreciated. There is a mounting kit in aluminium available for 499 $ looks expensive to me, thinking of having one made in 316 SS would probably be less cost. Weight a loft is of course an issue.

Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Lagos Portugal