Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Support for Liferaft on rails

James Studdart

Hello,
Our life raft is mounted on the port stern rail. It was like that when we bought the boat and I find it a pretty nice solution. There is one long stainless steel pin to release it. I’d hate to have to dig down into that locker for a life raft in even calm seas. We’ve got diesel jerry cans and fenders in the locker instead.

If you wish I can take a photo and post it to the group. I’d be surprised if there isn’t one from someone already though. We’ve seen many Super Maramu with the same setup. This topic has also come up before with much discussion about safety and sunshine hurting the life raft.

Cheers,
James.
SeaBean SM344
Moorea, FP

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:20 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I once had a switlik raft and they told me that the raft had to be mounted horizontally. Check with your raft manufacturer.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 7:10 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Support for Liferaft on rails

Hello,

I would like to add an elegant support for the liferaft on the rails, any body has a recommendation for this?  

The idea is;

- to make it easier to launch in case of emergency.  (I find that going into the locker is rather unpleasant event during an emergency!

- to save the locker for other types of storage

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.