Forward Sonar

Alan Leslie

We have an Interphase Probe forward looking sonar on Elyse that has given up. We replaced the transducer a few years ago and it worked sort of, for a while, but now it doesn't at all...except when the boat isn't moving, then it works sometimes.

I'm going to replace it with a Navico forward scan transducer and a B&G Vulcan FS display.

The probe transducer is on the centre line forward of the depth sounder.

I know that the Navico transducer housing is a larger diameter than the probe threaded stem, but what concerns me a bit is the thickness of the hull there.

Does anyone know how thick the hull is at that point on a Super Maramu ?

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437