From: divanz620@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 8:39 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Forward Sonar

We have an Interphase Probe forward looking sonar on Elyse that has given up. We replaced the transducer a few years ago and it worked sort of, for a while, but now it doesn't at all...except when the boat isn't moving, then it works sometimes.
I'm going to replace it with a Navico forward scan transducer and a B&G Vulcan FS display.
The probe transducer is on the centre line forward of the depth sounder.
I know that the Navico transducer housing is a larger diameter than the probe threaded stem, but what concerns me a bit is the thickness of the hull there.

Does anyone know how thick the hull is at that point on a Super Maramu ?

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437