Re: {Disarmed} Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Replaceing the anchor windlass

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

John, thanks for the note. We can get at the nuts on
in the port side locker they are not glassed in. It
looks like the prior owner had the windlass off and
serviced. The issue in rebuilding this on is the SS
screws are not willing to come out.... The bad
bearings have also egged the housing holes. There is
lots of rust on the motor and after all it's 10 years
old and been around once. It's time..
We are more concerned with setting up the chain
counter on the New Tigeress... Any one that has done
this we'd like info...
Thanks to all
Richard and Joan on Challenge sm 209

--- John and Anne Hollamby <annejohn@melita.net.mt>
wrote:

Hello Richard,
If your winch is installed like mine you may wish
that you had the old one reconditioned in situ. As
you might find on the search box under anchor winch
I savaged mine in Croatia and had it repaired
locally. At that time I looked in the chain locker
and saw that the winch was fixed to the deck with
four bolts. The nut on the starboard aft one was
totally buried in resin and virtually inaccessible
so I felt that it would be better to replace parts
than to put a Leprachaun into the chainn locker to
chip off the resin.
Hopefully yours is not the same.

Regards, Anne and John, SM 319