Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Shaft packing

christian alby <calbyy@...>

Hi there James
hoping not to misunderstand your original query
I came across the drawing for the stuffing box installed on the propeller shaft - see attachment
matches perfectly the original as mounted on Maramu 116

concerning the engine block oïl pressure tap, I fitted the old one but did not check the size;
if stuck, I will take it out & check threads ...

fair Wind
christian alby - Désirade VIII - Maramu 116 - in Le Main Martinique

Le ‎dimanche‎ ‎11‎ ‎février‎ ‎2018‎ ‎22‎:‎59‎:‎36‎ ‎GMT, James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] a écrit :

Dave,

  Thanks for the information on the 4.154 sender and especially for confirming the NPT threads.  I will just add a few adaptors to my install kit and should be all set.   I have ordered from Parts4engines.com and have been very happy with what I received and the quick response time.

  I repacked Sueño’s stuffing box last summer and the 5/16” was the correct size.  I think that the packing size is normally determined by the shaft diameter so I assume that yours should take the same size too.

Best,

James
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On Feb 11, 2018, at 1:21 PM, David Wallace svairops@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

James,

That sounds familiar so is just what I need.

I replaced the oil pressure sender a couple of years ago and looked the purchase up in my records, but unfortunately the unit I bought came with several adapters (itself was ⅛”-27 NPT) and I don’t recall which one, if any, was used. Hopefully someone else will have the answer for you. By the way, I came across a web site in the UK, www.parts4engines.com that lists a number of 4.154 parts. Perhaps they will have the answer if no one in the group responds with it.

Thank for the quick response!

Dave Wallace
s/v Air Ops
Maramu #104