From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 8:29 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib Track Plugs

Good morning Eric,

They cost 0.10 Euro from Amel
http://www.nikimat.com/factures/2015_10_amel_facture.pdf

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Mon, 2/12/18, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Monday, February 12, 2018, 6:46 AM

Vladimir,Do you have the part
number?Fair
WindsEricKimberlite Amel Super
Maramu #376    From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 6:57
AM
To:
amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib
Track Plugs    I used back rubber plugs. I
cut them shorter. I installed them 2 years ago. I see no
problem yet. You can buy them from McMaster
very inexpensive.Vladimir
SM
345 "LIFE IS GOOD"  On Feb 10, 2018 16:13,
"greatketch@...
[amelyachtowners]
" <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:
 Last year we replaced all the plugs
that keep water from sitting in the recesses around the
bolts that attach the jib track to the rail.  We ordered
them from Amel, and I was disappointed to find that they
were natural white polyethylene—not something I expected
to have a reasonable lifespan in sunlight.  Sure enough, a
year later they are all crumbling
away.
 Has
anybody found a better alternative?  Maybe black plastic?
 or anything else better able to handle sunlight? I
haven’t been able to track anything
down..
 In
the absence of a better alternative, I am thinking of
plugging the holes with silicone sealant.  Yes, it would be
something of a pain (but not impossible) to extract if I
ever needed to, but I really don’t want these bolts
soaking in salt water constantly.
 Bill KinneySM160, HarmonieFreeport,
Bahamas.