Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: SM stern bumper paint

Ryan Meador

Thanks, I'll look for a paint that works on both materials.

I don't really like the idea of a skirt for aesthetic and practical reasons.  I feel like it would have a hard time covering the whole thing and also not being slippery if you stepped on it.  Maybe my intuition is wrong; I'd love to see photos of such a skirt installed.

Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 9:57 AM, kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Years ago, when I owned a Santorin, I asked the sailmaker (for canvas work) to make a skirt of white vinyl around the bumper with an elastic tensioning cord. It worked quite well and although I renewed last year the bumper on my SM, I will ask the canvas man in Combarro where my boat is now to give me a quotation for such a skirt for my old bumper.

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM 2K #351 "Kavanga"