Amel owner saying goodbye

rcavie <no_reply@...>

Dear friends AMEL owners

Probably this will be the last email that I send and I will withdraw from the group.

The reason is that Hurricane Irma destroyed my Amel SM2k and it will be impossible for me to recover it.

The insurance will only pay a fraction of what it would cost me to buy an equal one. Deductibles and other reasons.

This situation not only destroyed my ship but my dreams. My dreams of living on board with my wife, my dreams of crossing the Atlantic to the East, my dreams of sailing the Mediterranean and perhaps other seas and finally returning to the beautiful South of Chile.

In this group I gained friends and knowledge and for that, I thank each and every one of you, especially Eric and Alexandre who from the beginning helped me with their advice.

If you sail to Chile you will have a friend here.

Greetings to all

Fair winds

Rafael

SM2k 246