Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow Thruster won't come up

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Way to go! I admire your tenacity. Even though I would have liked to see you in March. I wouldn't have like to see you in March. Get going already.

Best of luck and safe sailing.
Chuck

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

After taking the control box apart and tracing all the wires down, I finally figured out that we had two problems.  First the "UP" limit switch was dead.

But then after replacing it the actuator that raises and lowers the BT motor would work intermittently.  While testing it Peg and I discovered the positive battery connection to the Helm "ON" switch was corroded.  We replaced that crimp on connector and shined up the switch contact and "Voila!"  we're in business again.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477