Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel owner saying goodbye

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Danny,

I also have an “agreed” policy (from Helvetia through de Lassee), BUT as my lawyer told me, this is a rip off as, it is written on the contrat that the insurance has the right to challenge the “agreed value” and pay only the market value because the owner would “enrich” himself if case of a total loss. (meaning that: if you are reimburse the agreed value, you would “enrich” yourself getting more than the market value).
That is what my insurance is doing, so my lawyer ask me to compile all the invoices for the last 5 years to prove that 1) vessel was better equipped justifying the agreed value, 2) vessel was better maintained (justifying the higher agreed value) 3) that my expenses were higher than the average, etc.
So now I have my own adjuster writing a full report with all the details.
We have been working since November on this.

So for anyone thinking they are safely covered with an “agreed” value, please read your entire policy. If you want I can show the specific section where what I just explained is written. That will be in french in my case.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel owner saying goodbye
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 10:51 PM

I too have been raped by insurers in the past. I now
have a policy with an "agreed Value" . I hope that
would help in the case of a write off.DannySM
299 Ocean PearlOn 15 February 2018 at 11:19
"Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@rocketmail.com
[amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  Dear Rafael,

I think you need to tell
the Group “your” story about the insurance.

We have the same insurance
Helvetia contracted through de Lassee and I really think
every Amel owner should know the ridiculous excuses they
used to remove 30% of the value of your boat.

It is not “my” place to
tell everybody the way they treated “you”, but I will
write mine with all the details when it will be settled.

I am definitely sorry that
your vessel was destroy soon after you purchased her and did
not had the joy of sailing her.

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Wed, 2/14/18, rcavie
<no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel owner saying
goodbye
To:
amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date:
Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 1:57 PM

Dear
friends AMEL ownersProbably this
will be
the last email that I send and I will withdraw from
the group. The reason is that Hurricane
Irma
destroyed my Amel SM2k and it will be
impossible for me to
recover it.The
insurance will only pay a fraction of
what
it would cost me to buy an equal one. Deductibles and
other reasons.This situation not only
destroyed my
ship but my dreams. My dreams
of living on board with my
wife, my dreams
of crossing the Atlantic to the East, my

dreams of sailing the Mediterranean and perhaps other
seas
and finally returning to the beautiful
South of
Chile.
In this
group I gained friends
and knowledge and
for that, I thank each and every one of

you, especially Eric and Alexandre who from the beginning
helped me with their advice.

If
you sail to Chile you will have a
friend