Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Copper-Coat AntiFouling

Mark Erdos

Ruedi, if you search here you will find many opinions for and against. Perhaps less for Copper-Coat. My question to you is, where are the savings if you need to haul your Amel every couple of years anyway for prop and c-drive maintenance? A big factor in the savings talked about in the Copper-Coat literature is not having to haul the boat and the boat yard savings. This is not the case with Amels.

You don’t say where you are located. Is there a qualified yard that knows how to mix and apply Copper-Coat near you. I was told by Copper-Coat there was are yard near me when I was in Florida. I asked the yard how many boats they had done. The answer was only one.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Dominica

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:09 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Copper-Coat AntiFouling

Dear Amel'ies 

Maybe you had an earlier conversation on this topic already? I'm new here so I don't know.

Copper-coat AF seems to be attractive if it lasts 10 and more years, despite the fact of the high price. 

But I'm not sure all is right what I have read in the Internet.I have seen many articles and different opinions about copper-coat antifouling, some of them are very controversial. 

So I would like to know from this group your experience with it, if someone have done this. 

Thanks and best regards

Ruedi

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.