Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance. Does it deliver

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Thanks Alexandre, I have done that. I haven't seen it come through yet though.

Regards

Danny

On 17 February 2018 at 02:36 "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I think you should share his name and what he wrote.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance. Does it deliver
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 7:27 PM

Hi all,As I said before I was burned badly by
an insurance company. I changed brokers and have a
"agreed value" policy with my new broker.I
forwarded him some of the correspondence because, firstly I
wanted him to know what was going on and secondly to see
what he said regarding my "agreed Value" policy.
He has sent me a response which is helpful. He does have a
good name. Is it OK for me to share his reply with the
group. I'm not trying to promote him, just to add
something that may be
helpful.RegardsDannySM 299 Ocean
PearlMangonui
New Zealand
On 16 February 2018 at 06:42
"Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@...
[amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

  Alexandre,
Trust me, I for one will reread my policy with a more
critical eye. Its disgusting how an insurance company would
look for any excuse , even an invalid one to escape their
responsibly . I will guarantee that the vast majority of
boaters are not aware of these practices, and believe that
they have an umbrella of protection , that in reality does
not exist. I urge you guys to find a way to tell your story
to a wider audience.  Pat SM
Shenanigans

-----Original
Message-----
From: Alexandre Uster von Baar
uster@... [amelyachtowners]
<amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 7:15 AM

The
insurance company based
the premiums on the Agreed value ,
and then
only will pay out based on what they determine the
market value is, because they don't want
you to be
enriched ! Did they not enrich
themselves by charging
excessive premiums
for coverage they probably never intended

to honor ? This kind of information needs to get out to
the
entire boating community through the
internet and sailing
magazines . I
encourage anyone treated unfairly to relate

their story , if  it results in lost business maybe they
will get the message. If 10% of those covered
by a company
cancelled and took their
business elsewhere and gave the
reason why
, it would get their attention. Its sad to lose a
dream .
Pat

SM Shenanigans

-----Original